Katy Medicaid Lawyers
Trusted Guidance to Help Get the Care You Need in Fort Bend & Harris Counties
For many people, enrolling for Medicaid benefits is the difference between receiving the care they need and spending all their money to stay healthy. At Theander & Grimes, we understand how difficult the application process can be. Our team of Katy attorneys helps clients apply for Medicaid, and if their application was denied, to go about appealing that decision. Do you have a loved one who needs or will soon need nursing home care but wonder how you can afford such care? Do these worries keep you up at night? Call our firm today.
Let Theander & Grimes help you with your Medicaid concerns. Call (281) 968-9965 now or contact us online to schedule your initial consultation with our firm.
Your Healthcare Solution
If you have already applied for Medicaid, you understand that the process is difficult and the restrictions can be overwhelming. Theander & Grimes makes the process simple and understandable.
Consulting with an attorney regarding Medicaid or hiring an attorney to help obtain Medicaid benefits can provide the following benefits:
- Guidance: If you want to do most of the work, but just want a guide to warn you about the potential pitfalls and provide some advice, we can provide you with the information you need to ensure that you are on the right track.
- Benefits Eligibility: Is your loved one in the nursing home, but you think that they have too much money to qualify for benefits? A consult with an attorney can provide you with information about how to make your loved one eligible for benefits while protecting as many of their assets as possible.
- Qualified Income Trust: Does your loved one qualify for benefits based on their assets but have too much income to qualify for benefits? Our attorneys can draft a qualified income trust at a flat rate fee to make your loved one eligible for benefits.
- Application Process: If you are overwhelmed by the application process and are too busy or too confused to tackle this on your own, you can retain our attorneys to do as much of the work as possible for a flat rate that is quoted to you after your initial consultation.
- Medicaid Appeal: If you or your loved one has been denied Medicaid, our attorneys can review the case, and in most instances, we can still help to obtain benefits. Don’t continue to pay thousands of dollars a month if you don’t have to.
- Legal Documentation: If you or your loved one is not yet ready for nursing home care, you can meet with our attorneys to ensure that you have the proper legal documentation and planning in place should Medicaid become necessary in the future.
Who Qualifies for Medicaid?
Medicaid is a government run program that provides low income or disabled people with health services and insurance.
They do have to meet the following criteria, in order to qualify for Medicaid in the state of Texas you must meet the following:
- Low income pregnant women
- Low income women who have Breast or Cervical Cancer
- Low Income parents who have two or more children
- Former foster care children between the ages of 19-26
- Low income elderly individuals (65+)
- Low income or impoverished disabled people
If you are in Texas and meet any of the above criteria and you would like to know your Medicaid options, do not hesitate to contact Theander & Grimes, PLLC. Our Katy Medicaid lawyer is here to help guide you through the process. Call us today to schedule a consultation.
How Does Medicaid Verify Income?
All applicants that are applying for Medicaid must verify their monthly salary.
Applicants must provide the following documentation:
- Current Pay Stubs
- Social Security Card
- Pension Statement
- Alimony/Dividend Checks
- Written Letter from Employer/Family Member of Given Support
- Tax return
- Self-Declaration of Income
Texas’s Medicaid agency verifies income by using a computer software to make sure the applicant is making less than $1,784 per month and they are eligible to be considered.
Get Started Today
Don’t miss out on potentially obtaining thousands of dollars of benefits because you do not understand the process. Most individuals can qualify for benefits, even if you believe that you or your loved one are not eligible because they earn too much money or have too many assets. Let Theander & Grimes be your guide to navigating the complex Medicaid maze.
Dial (281) 968-9965 now to meet with one of our Katy Medicaid attorneys.
“Don't wait, Amanda and team are fantastic.” - Lem M.
“I highly recommend working with Amanda and her law firm.” - George H.
“I highly recommend Amanda Grimes and her colleagues at Theander & Grimes.” - CC