Trusted Guidance to Help Get the Care You Need in Tomball, Fort Bend & Harris Counties
For many people, enrolling for Medicaid benefits is the difference between receiving the care they need and spending all their money to stay healthy. At Theander & Grimes, we understand how difficult the application process can be. Our team of Katy attorneys helps clients apply for Medicaid, and if their application is denied, to go about appealing that decision. Do you have a loved one who needs or will soon need nursing home care but wonder how you can afford such care? Do these worries keep you up at night? Call our firm.
Let Theander & Grimes, PLLC help you with your Medicaid concerns. Call (281) 968-9965 now or contact us online to schedule your initial consultation with our firm. We also serve clients in Tomball, TX.
Your Healthcare Solution
If you have already applied for Medicaid, you understand that the process is difficult and the restrictions can be overwhelming. Theander & Grimes makes the process simple and understandable.
Consulting with an attorney regarding Medicaid or hiring an attorney to help obtain Medicaid benefits can provide the following benefits:
- Guidance: If you want to do most of the work, but just want a guide to warn you about the potential pitfalls and provide some advice, we can provide you with the information you need to ensure that you are on the right track.
- Benefits Eligibility: Is your loved one in the nursing home, but you think that they have too much money to qualify for benefits? A consultation with an attorney can provide you with information about how to make your loved one eligible for benefits while protecting as many of their assets as possible.
- Qualified Income Trust: Does your loved one qualify for benefits based on their assets but have too much income to qualify for benefits? Our attorneys can draft a qualified income trust at a flat rate fee to make your loved one eligible for benefits.
- Application Process: If you are overwhelmed by the application process and are too busy or too confused to tackle this on your own, you can retain our attorneys to do as much of the work as possible for a flat rate that is quoted to you after your initial consultation.
- Medicaid Appeal: If you or your loved one has been denied Medicaid, our attorneys can review the case, and in most instances, we can still help to obtain benefits. Don’t continue to pay thousands of dollars a month if you don’t have to.
- Legal Documentation: If you or your loved one is not yet ready for nursing home care, you can meet with our attorneys to ensure that you have the proper legal documentation and planning in place should Medicaid become necessary in the future.
Who Qualifies for Medicaid?
Medicaid is a government-run program that provides low-income or disabled people with health services and insurance.
They do have to meet the following criteria, in order to qualify for Medicaid in the state of Texas you must meet the following:
- Low-income pregnant women
- Low-income women who have Breast or Cervical Cancer
- Low-income parents who have two or more children
- Former foster care children between the ages of 19-26
- Low-income elderly individuals (65+)
- Low-income or impoverished disabled people
If you are in Texas and meet any of the above criteria and you would like to know your Medicaid options, do not hesitate to contact Theander & Grimes, PLLC. Our Katy Medicaid lawyer is here to help guide you through the process. Call us to schedule a consultation.
How Does Medicaid Verify Income?
All applicants who are applying for Medicaid must verify their monthly salary.
Applicants must provide the following documentation:
- Current Pay Stubs
- Social Security Card
- Pension Statement
- Alimony/Dividend Checks
- Written Letter from Employer/Family Member of Given Support
- Tax return
- Self-Declaration of Income
Texas’s Medicaid agency verifies income by using computer software to make sure the applicant is making less than $1,784 per month and they are eligible to be considered.
Protect Your Assets with Medicaid Planning
Medicaid planning is an essential step toward protecting your assets as well as making sure you get the care you need without running out of funding. Our qualified Medicaid attorneys at Theander & Grimes, PLLC in Katy can offer dependable direction and support when navigating the Medicaid application process in Texas.
Benefits of Medicaid planning include:
- Preservation of your assets
- Access to quality healthcare services
- Protection of your family's financial future
- Peace of mind knowing that you are prepared for long-term care needs
Our professional lawyers will work closely with you to determine your Medicaid eligibility and develop a comprehensive plan that is tailored to your particular circumstances. We can assist you in obtaining the required documentation, completing the application, and ensuring that all income verification requirements are met.
Don't wait until it's too late. Speak with an experienced Katy Medicaid lawyer at Theander & Grimes, PLLC as soon as possible to get started on securing your future and giving your loved ones the peace of mind that they deserve. Dial (281) 968-9965.
Get Started With Theander & Grimes, PLLC
Don’t miss out on potentially obtaining thousands of dollars of benefits because you do not understand the process. Most individuals can qualify for benefits, even if they believe that they or a loved one is not eligible because they earn too much money or have too many assets. Let Theander & Grimes be your guide to navigating the complex Medicaid maze.
“Don't wait, Amanda and team are fantastic.” - Lem M.
“I highly recommend working with Amanda and her law firm.” - George H.
“I highly recommend Amanda Grimes and her colleagues at Theander & Grimes.” - CC